Format of Faces - I have a face to sunrasterfile program.

Jef Poskanzer pokey at well.UUCP
Thu Aug 10 03:51:51 AEST 1989

In the referenced message, jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk (Jonathan Knight) wrote:
}I am a little confused over the picdata: and imagedata: lines
}as I couldn't see a use for both of them.  I just used the
}picdata: line to decode the image, but wasn't sure what I was
}supposed to do with the imagedata: line.

The PicData: line specifies how big the image is; the Image: (not
ImageData:) line, how big it is supposed to be.  In other words, the
pixels in the image are not necessarily square.  If you're not handling
the Image: line, then most of your images will be TOO FAT.

So far I have seen four face-to-whatever programs posted.  The two that
convert to PostScript handle Image: by letting PostScript do the
rescaling.  The two that convert to something else do not handle
Image:.  My own (unreleased) program is the only one I know of that
both converts to another raster format and handles Image:.
---
Jef

    Jef Poskanzer  pokey at well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!pokey
                "And that's the way it is." -- Walter Cronkite