face2ps

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at nc386.UUCP
Sat Aug 5 08:10:12 AEST 1989

In article <1989Aug2.132936.8919 at IDA.ORG>, roskos at IDA (Eric Roskos) writes:
+---------------
| Notice he remembered that Unix uses forward slashes instead of backwards
| slashes, but forgot that it doesn't always stick in the full path name
| for argv[0] the way DOS (or, more accurately, that C compiler) does.
+---------------

MiSDOS is right.  The full name of the program (complete with drive and path)
is stashed after the end of the environment by MiSDOS 3.x/4.x; the compiler
simply points argv[0] to it.  Note that the command line passed to a program
under DOS has the command name stripped, so under MiSDOS 2.x one has *no* way
to determine the name of the program.

And people wonder why I call it Mis-DOS!

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at NCoast.ORG
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
   * This message brought to you courtesy the "Watcher" for the 4th NCoast *
 "ncoast #4 regenerates into ncoast #5 on 8/6/89!"  -- the Watcher (aka nc386)