Seeking Music Notation Program

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith
Thu Dec 28 13:28:16 AEST 1989

In article <4679 at itivax.iti.org> dhw at itivax.UUCP (David H. West) writes:

| If GhostScript understood 9-pin printers, I could probably hack
| a first approximation to this, but it doesn't.  (Yet? Rumors?)

I've been sending Ghostscript output to a 9-pin printer for a year now.
Ask Peter to include my drivers in the standard distribution.  If you
want to see it in 1.4, you'd better hurry, as 1.4 is currently in Beta
test.  (Seems much improved over 1.2 and 1.3!)

The Hershey fonts include a bunch of music glyphs which can be used
with Ghostscript.  Is there a 'standard' encoding for PostScript music
fonts?  I'm working on a set of Hershey-based PostScript fonts for
Ghostscript, but I don't want to introduce non-standard encodings if
there is already something out there.

    _____
   /_____\    Snoopy				"I read banned newsgroups."
  /_______\   cse.ogi.edu!sopwith!snoopy
    |___|     sun!nosun!qiclab!sopwith!snoopy
    |___|     uunet!tektronix!tessi!illian!sopwith!snoopy