Stupid reposting service (was Re: SLIP/getty/printers on Terminal Servers)

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Wed Dec 13 15:10:25 AEST 1989

In article <5343 at omepd.UUCP> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>Anyway, whadda y'all think?  I want to see these silly repostings of
>very long sources *stopped*.  This is not in the spirit of UseNet to
>be doing these repostings.

I think that short sources are well reposted, but long ones should be
pointed to with an abstract here.

I object to all the extraneous "header" lines -- this is not some
automated group, just alt.sources.

I do like the fact that all of a sudden alt.sources is flooded with
SOURCE CODE for a change!  Bracing feeling 'innit.

In short, the experiment was worth trying and NOT self evidently alien
to Net spirit.  But in the long haul a more economical compromise would
make sense.
--
To have a horror of the bourgeois   (\(    Tom Neff
is bourgeois. -- Jules Renard        )\)   tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET