Perl may be great, but... (was Re: uutraffic report (in perl))

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Fri Nov 24 08:36:23 AEST 1989

According to jay at splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard):
>Perl won't run on my 286-powered system. Larry's comment about "perl
>probably won't run on 16-bit systems" is dead on.

Hah.  Some debugging on my part made Perl 2.0 run under Xenix/286.  Now I
don't use '286 systems any more.  If no one else bothers to do a port to the
'286, I don't see how that's Larry's fault.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>