gettime.c - gets another system's time

Liam R. E. Quin lee at sq.sq.com
Sat Nov 25 04:39:51 AEST 1989

In article <834 at gistdev.gist.com> jeff at gistdev.gist.com (Jeff Johnson) writes:
>wcf at psuhcx.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) writes:
> FLAME ON !
> This is ridiculous!  Including a 12.5K license agreement for a ~4K
> source program and Makefile.
Certainly true.

Is there anywhere in the world where the GNU licence actually means
anything, or is in *any* way binding?
I do not recall paying money, entering into a *written* contract, or
signing anything, when I recieved the GNU software.  It came down a
wire, and is not stored on a medium copyrightable under British law.
The place of origin (USA) is not a member of the international copyright
convention, so there would not appear to be a binding copyright
agreement either.

And since the headers broke several of the programs I received (by trying
to nest C comments, or by forgetting to open or close them altogether),
I simply deleted them all, and retained a single copy on disk.
Saved fifteen terabytes.

Comments?

Lee
--
Liam R. Quin, Unixsys (UK) Ltd [note: not an employee of "sq" - a visitor!]
lee at sq.com (Whilst visiting Canada from England)