alt.sources.index

Kyle Jones kjones at talos.uucp
Wed Nov 22 06:27:15 AEST 1989

In the first blasted article of alt.source-code, we find:
 > I'm looking for a text compression algorithm to implement in my BBS
 > program.  The routine is to be implemented in Pascal.  If you know
 > one, or know of a good source for this kind of thing, please post it
 > here, or e-mail it to me!

I hereby announce that as of 1 December I intend to create a moderated
newsgroup called alt.sources.index.  To this newsgroup I will post one
article per week, whose sole contents shall be the messages IDs of all
source postings found in alt.sources.  Perhaps I shall do so for
alt.source-code as well, provided any sources ever materialize there.

I'm willing to extend coverage to all the source groups under alt, if
there is interest.