Why not rename comp.sources.* to comp.source.code.*

Eric P. Scott epsilon at wet.UUCP
Thu Nov 9 21:05:36 AEST 1989

Why not?  Simple: it won't stop non-source code postings.
I support the "leave it consistent" and "create a .wanted"
recommendations.  I am also a STRONG believer in "recording"
files to inform new users about any "nonobvious" characteristics
of ANY newsgroup.

Please don't make frivolous changes in alt newsgroups.  Every
control message we receive for "alt" is considered highly
suspect (guess why), and changes of any kind happen SLOWLY.
Don't break the continuity unless there is a good reason.

					-=EPS=-