Perl may be great, but... (was Re: uutraffic report (in perl))

r.peterson roe at sobmips.UUCP
Sat Nov 25 14:39:49 AEST 1989

>From article <3384 at convex.UUCP>, by tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen):
> And "cut" and "paste" aren't standard, and "sh" or "awk" with functions
> aren't standard.

Maybe not.  But, if you don't have cut and paste, complain bitterly to
your vendor.  They've been on every unix box I've ever used, since V7
on a PDP 11/40.

--
If the brain were so simple we understood it|Roe Peterson
We would be so simple we couldn't.          |{attcan,mcgill-vision}!sobeco!roe