moderation of alt.sources vs. automated harangues

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Mon Oct 16 09:03:05 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct15.003835.9012 at rpi.edu> tale at pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
>Okay, tell us what that need is.  You've not provided any sort of
>argument here, only made a claim that you've not attempted to
>substantiate.  At least counter the argument with something more than
>"Does not, does not!"

How about you tell us what the need =isn't=.  Your argument has been
no more persuading than his.

My argument is as follows:

% grep alt.sources /usr/lib/news/active
alt.sources 00970 00954 y
alt.sources.amiga 00013 00008 y
alt.sources.d 00137 00122 y

Looks like a need to me.  Hells-Bells, now that Peter da Silva
Did The Right Thing[tm] and UN-moderated alt.sources.amiga there's
even traffic in that there newsgroup.

I will now state, without further proof, that in the case of
alt.sources and friends moderation is a Bad Thing[tm].
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Things you didn't want to know:------
VoiceNet: (512) 832-8832   Data: -8835  | The real meaning of MACH is ...