Test MS-DOS file truncate, worry with 'lds si,[bp].n'

Aubrey McIntosh aubrey at rpp386.cactus.org
Wed Oct 4 00:41:38 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct1.233044.17719 at rpi.edu> keith at pawl.rpi.edu (Keith D. Weiner) writes:
>I didnt look at the code, but I ran masm on it...
>Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 5.10
>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981, 1988.  All rights reserved.
>

>  49642 + 292595 Bytes symbol space free
>
>      2 Warning Errors
>     13 Severe  Errors
>

>it doesnt seem to assemble :)

Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler  Version 4.00
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985.  All rights reserved.

Object filename [truncate.OBJ]:
  48774 Bytes symbol space free

      0 Warning Errors
      0 Severe  Errors

Hmpf!  Makes me want to go get SLR's Optasm right away.
I suppose I'll review Kieth's error posting against the source.
Aubrey McIntosh                  Freelance using Modula-2
                                 Real time, embedded, instruments.
Austin, TX 78723                 Enquiries welcome
1-(512)-452-1540                 aubrey%rpp386.Cactus.org at cs.utexas.edu