moderation of alt.sources vs. automated harangues

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at NCoast.ORG
Mon Oct 30 04:01:45 AEST 1989

As quoted from <459 at laas.laas.fr> by news at laas.laas.fr (USENET News System):
+---------------
| Well, why not have an automatic filter program as moderator.  It would
| check whether the posting has lines of the form #!/bin/[c]sh, 'cut
| here', etc., and would only post those that conform (genrated by your
| favorite `shar' program :-).  The others could either be automatically

I could find a use for that [ ;-) ], but alt.sources?  Foo.  One of the
reasons for alt.sources is the fact that things sent to us moderator types
have to include shars, fancy auxiliary headers, etc.; if I have a small-but-
useful script I'd like to share with others (as with "bg"/"fg") I don't see
much point in adding baggage that doubles the size of it.  :-(

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery:  allbery at NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu bsa at telotech.uucp