moderation of alt.sources vs. automated harangues

Charles Marslett chasm at attctc.Dallas.TX.US
Wed Oct 18 23:03:08 AEST 1989

One of the things I have noticed is that short source files that I would
post to a moderated group, I often post to the unmoderated discussion group
because there is such a delay in getting things through the cycle -- and
in the case of one moderated posting both I and the moderator (Rahul Dhesi)
were roundly flamed for a pair of minor (or major, if you are a net-wolf)
infractions.

Since the trash that befell us was just as bad as the mechanical nasty notes
that come back in response to non-source postings to alt.sources, I find the
current situation quite acceptable (I'd like to cut down on the nasty notes
and flames, but that might harass those few who really enjoy them).

Charles
"Those who would sacrifice **  Charles Marslett
liberty for security,      **  STB Systems, Inc. <-- apply all std. disclaimers
deserve neither."          **  Wordmark Systems  <-- that's just me
  -- Benjamin Franklin     **  chasm\@attctc.dallas.tx.us