moderation of alt.sources vs. automated harangues

Karl Lehenbauer karl at sugar.hackercorp.com
Mon Oct 16 03:05:41 AEST 1989

In article <15110 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> wolfgang at BBN.COM (Wolfgang Rupprecht) writes:
>I guess I don't get it.  If we moderate alt.sources how will it differ
>from mod.sources, ahem, comp.sources.unix?

Agree, agree!  The interesting and useful thing about alt.sources over
comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.misc is that it is not moderated.

If it were moderated, hardly anybody would use it, because c.s.u and c.s.m
have better distribution.

If someone makes it moderated, I will create alt.sources.unmoderated or an
equivalent, which is perfectly within the charter of the alt hierarchy.

--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that
-- 			 flags do not wave in a vacuum."  -- Arthur C. Clarke