Elvis and termcap

Steve Kirkendall kirkenda at eecs.cs.pdx.edu
Tue Aug 28 04:51:42 AEST 1990

In article <1VXio1w162w at cybrspc> cybrspc!roy at cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) writes:
>I've just been trying to compile the Elvis editor posted in alt.sources.
>The Turbo C project file specifies several modules in a termcap
>subdirectory, and the curses.c module references them. These modules
>weren't in the distribution.
>
>Before I go off re-inventing the wheel, can someone point me to a source
>for these functions? They are: tgetnum, tgetstr, tgetent, tputs, tgoto
>and tgetflag.

Oops.  Sorry about that.  The "Elvis.prj" file for Turbo-C, and the "Elvis.lnk"
file for MSC 5.1, are both a little out of date.  They both refer to a complete
termcap library, but they're supposed to refer to "tinytcap.c".  Tinytcap
emulates termcap, but only for TERM=ansi and TERM=nansi.  (I've been told
that TERM=nansi also works with FANSI.SYS and NNANSI.SYS as well.)

Also, it should be compiled in the medium or large memory model.