TeX DVI file previewing using kermit?

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sat Dec 29 14:30:23 AEST 1990

As quoted from <1990Dec28.202753.17311 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> by peter at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu):
+---------------
| Are there any programs out there that will let me preview TeX dvi
| files using Tektronics grahics emulation?  That's what kermit emulates
| and I would like to preview TeX stuff when I dial up to the school
| computers from home or my dorm room.  I'm looking for a program that
| is UNIX compatible that I can install on the mainframes here.

dvi2tty, version 3 of which was in the queue of comp.sources.misc when I opted
out (unfortunately, one part had gotten lost on its way to my mailbox), does
this.  Version 2.? and some patches thereto are in the c.s.misc archives on
various systems (including uunet via both ftp and 1-900-GOT-SRCS).

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN