Maze generation

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Mon Dec 31 11:40:03 AEST 1990

merlyn at digibd.com (Brian Westley (Merlyn LeRoy)) writes:

>>> BTW, if I was forced to guess it's origins it "looks" like an entry in
>>> the obfuscated code contest that someone holds each year.

>>I believe that it is from the 1989 contest.

>Didn't win, though.  (I'd've picked it over some of the others).
>For the curious, it's by John Tromp (tromp at piring.cwi.nl)
>(He won for his Tetris program in 1990)
>Didn't notice that the maze layout also spelled "maze"

Yeah, that's fairly subtle; needs squinting.  I wonder if it would have
won if the judges had picked up on it.  My all time favorite IOCCC entry
was the one that was in the shape of a locomotive.

>Merlyn LeRoy
>4-time IOCCC winner

Was this from code deliberately designed to win, or just day to day
stuff of yours in some big project that your coworkers sent in in your
name?

;-)

Kent, the man from xanth.
<xanthian at Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian at well.sf.ca.us>