calvin and hobbes bitmaps

Bernie Cosell cosell at bbn.com
Mon Dec 3 00:19:03 AEST 1990

glenn at huxley.huxley.bitstream.com (Glenn P. Parker) writes:

}In article <1990Nov30.135029.18685 at msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>,
}jhl at frith.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
}> Thanks for the Calvin and Hobbes bitmaps. However, it would nice if the
}> poster told us who to view or use them.

}NOTE: I was not the poster, but I can help out here.

}All the Calvin & Hobbes images were in X Bitmap format, which is a
}marvelously inefficient format (at least they were compressed :-).  This
}format is recognized by the programs xloadimage and xv, and the PBM
}library. ...

And unless there was some nearly-unprecedented miracle on usenet
[Ididn't actually mess with the postings so I don' know], they were
probably copyright violations, one and all.

  /Bernie\