encoded files

Steve Brailsford fsb at vitro.com
Sat Dec 1 00:34:40 AEST 1990

I didn't see any discussion groups about the comp.binary
groups, so I'll ask here.  How come we can't have one program,
hopefully, uudecode, to convert binary formats?  The MAC uses
something called BINHEX and apple2 uses who knows what?
I, being on a UNIX machine, would like to do what I do for the
Amiga and most PC groups.  Use uudecode from NN and then upload
the file to a BBS or ftp it to one of our other machines on
our network.  Is there some kind of problem with MAC binary
format that it can't be handled with uudecode?
--
    Steve Brailsford		Usenet:  uunet!media!vitro!fsb
    Vitro Corporation		Compu$erve: 73427,1466