Maze generation

Tom Leylan tleylan at pegasus.com
Sat Dec 15 20:35:42 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec13.190759.9297 at craycos.com> scott at craycos.com (Scott Bolte) writes:

>> I am interested in software or algorithms for generating mazes ....
>
>	Believe it or not the following C code can generate unique
>	mazes of arbitrary size. Extract the code and compile it.  When
>	you run it just give a number, after you run it, not on the
>	command line.
>
>	I do not know where it came from but I have had it for at least
>	a year.

> <code previously posted>

Scott... it looked so cute that I tried it but no maze.  It printed a
repeated pattern though.  Made me suspect that the RAND() function might
be operating differently.  I'm using Microsoft C and it returns a random
value between 1 and 32767.  Does this appear to conflict with anything ?

BTW, if I was forced to guess it's origins it "looks" like an entry in
the obfuscated code contest that someone holds each year.

tom