archiver wanted

David Chapman davidc at vlsisj.VLSI.COM
Sat Jan 13 14:24:33 AEST 1990

In article <3043 at usceast.UUCP> hobbes!godawski at usceast.UUCP writes:
>3 or 4 years ago, source was available for the "arc" utility and ported to
>a unix flavor machine.  It worked very much like pkarc/pkxarc.
>Does anybody out there still have it?  If so, could you mail it to me?

PKARC and PKXARC were actually "stolen" from ARC.  The latter is a copyrighted
program written by System Enhancement Associates.  You can get source code for
$50 (I have it, but obviously can't send it to you).  Send E-mail or post if
you want the address (I don't have it here with me, sorry).

P.S. "Stolen" means that SEA sued the author of PKARC and PKXARC and won an
     out-of-court settlement that resulted in the removal of the PK programs
     from the market.  He's now written PKZIP, I think, which is supposed to
     be better and faster (and legal), but I don't have it.
--
		David Chapman

{known world}!decwrl!vlsisj!fndry!davidc
vlsisj!fndry!davidc at decwrl.dec.com