archiver wanted (Try "zoo")

Chuck Phillips chuckp at ncr-fc.FtCollins.NCR.com
Thu Jan 18 05:43:42 AEST 1990

Check out "zoo" by Rahul Dhesi.  I've successfully used it for moving
directory trees between UNIX, VMS and AmigaDOS.  I understand it has been
ported to PCs, Macs, and STs.  Source code is available.  The author appears
to have gone to a fair amount of trouble to make sure that the binary format
is machine independent.  Did better compression than arc on every file I've
compared.  Tends to compress slightly better than UNIX "compress" on small
files, not quite as well on large ones.

Just a satisfied user...
--
	   Chuck Phillips -- chuckp%ncr-fc.FtCollins.NCR.COM