Unnecessary tar-compress-uuencodes

Michael Landers mykel at saleven.oz
Tue Jul 17 14:51:28 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul13.022224.25441 at lth.se> bengtl at maths.lth.se (Bengt Larsson) writes:
>Hmmm, one way to do it would be to write a little "unpacker" program (in C),
>and distribute it with the archive (in plain text).

Although it doesn't come up to the illustrious specs as mentioned within the
above article, but if you have read the Obfuscated (sp?) C Contest winners,
there is a neat little unpacker writen in something like 1000 characters that
is an equivalent to "atob | zcat".  This way we can used btoa'd compress'd tars
and noone will even notice...

Mykel.
--
 ()				      \\     Black Wind always follows
|\/|ykel Landers  (mykel at saleven.oz)   \\    Where by dark horse rides,