Anonymous FTP list - who archives alt.sources?

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Jul 13 00:25:31 AEST 1990

In article <18978 at well.sf.ca.us> Jef Poskanzer <jef at well.sf.ca.us> writes:
> So basically, there is no archive of alt.sources in North America, and
> there may or may not be one anywhere.

Well, we've been archiving it here at Ferranti and at Sugar, but in neither
case are we a regular "archive" site... we don't have the resources. The big
problem with archiving alt.sources is where to put files... damn few of the
postings have archive-name headers, and so they get put on the TODO pile
underneath all the real source.

Perhaps if people were more careful about their postings there would be
a few real archives out there.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.