UUD/UUE (was Re: uumerge.pl)

Ralph P. Sobek ralph at laas.fr
Tue Jul 17 20:19:00 AEST 1990

This is a modified re-post of <RALPH.90Jul16130055 at cresus.laas.fr>
since that message followed up inadvertently to alt.sources.  Mea culpa!

In article <qskfe2.[75 at smurf.sub.org> urlichs at smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) writes:

|   Well, here's my version; after merging and uudecoding N files per hand I
|   decided that enough was enough. (You might guess what newsgroup I'm talking
|   about... :-)

Might I suggest that everyone get UUD and UUE which are 101%
compatible with uudecode and uuencode.  UUE uuencodes and splits the
uuencoded file into a user specifiable number of parts.  UUD
reassembles the parts and uudecodes them.  If your parts don't have
the right names, get uurename (a very simple c program).

UUD/UUE is available from irisa.fr [131.254.2.3] by anonymous ftp.
It's in the directory `Atari_st' under the names uud_uue.src and
uud_uue.arc (for atari enthusiasts).  Don't anybody worry!  It
compiles fine under Unix(tm).  Uud should be version 3.4.

Cheers,

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph at laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.