Anonymous FTP list - who archives alt.sources?

Jef Poskanzer jef at well.sf.ca.us
Thu Jul 12 11:17:22 AEST 1990

Jon Granrose's most recent anonymous FTP list has three sites that
claim to archive alt.sources.  I thought I'd check them out.  Here's
what I found:

cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu:
    No archive of alt.sources is apparent.

irisa.irisa.fr:
    Connection timed out.

schizo.samsung.com:
    The FTP server's "dir" command is broken, use "ls" instead.
    Alt.sources archived in pub/usenet-archives/alt.sources.  However,
    the archive consists of compressed Usenet article files, there
    is no index apparent, and the most recent article is from 17may90.

sunic.sunet.se:
    Connection timed out.

So basically, there is no archive of alt.sources in North America, and
there may or may not be one anywhere.

Is this really the case?  I've always posted as if alt.sources was not
archived, but I still kind of assumed it was archived somewhere.  I
guess not.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef at well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
 Real Programmers don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use
   functions for scratch space after they are finished calling them?