Time for 8 bit news, isn't it?????.

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Sat Jul 21 18:30:46 AEST 1990

In article <777 at hades.ausonics.oz.au> greyham at hades.ausonics.oz.au (Greyham Stoney) writes:

> Why don't all you people divert your energies into making your news system
> handle 8 bit news ...
> Considering the advantages, (especially to binaries groups), ...

Very short-sighted. Major advantage is to allow information exchange
in local languages that require special character sets.
And don't tell me that the "language of the news" is English, since
that is only true for agreed-upon international newsgroups.

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv at mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv