Beyond shar (Re: shars and security concerns.)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue May 8 04:07:24 AEST 1990

In article <2499 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
> In <--830L1ggpc2 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >Why not just switch to something that was (once upon a time, anyway) common,
> >...  The Software Tools archive format.

> It doesn't protect against leading characters that can cause problems, like
> 	[SPACE] . ~

So? Make it so. It's been widely distributed in source format. I'm sure that
anyone reading this can find the Ratfor or Pascal source in half a day at
most, simply by asking their colleagues if they have a copy of K&P.
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180.      <peter at ficc.uu.net>
 'U`  Have you hugged your wolf today?  <peter at sugar.hackercorp.com>