a2 - Apple II emulator, part 1/2

Rich Skrenta skrenta at amix.commodore.com
Thu May 24 17:19:48 AEST 1990

In article <ASHERMAN.90May23161946 at dino.ulowell.edu> asherman at dino.ulowell.edu (Aaron Sherman) writes:

> Wonder if the apple virus (info posted to alt.hackers a while back) would
> work on this. :)

We joked over whether to put it on the sample disk.  I decided it
was too dangerous (or maybe just not nice), even in such a "virtual"
format.  Someone would try to use the emulator for something serious,
or it would creep back into the world of the physical somehow, and
wouldn't end up being a very funny joke.

Believe me, though, the virus would work.

I don't think the virus was ever posted, wasn't it just discussed?
Did I miss it?

Rich
skrenta at amix.commodore.com