Okay, I give up. What is the real story?

Mark-Jason Dominus mjd at saul.cis.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 13 14:50:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov12.193257.24541 at odin.corp.sgi.com> nelson at sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) writes:

>   Another magic transport word, like xyzzy, was "plugh"
>   (which I always pronounced "ploog", but I also heard
>   pronounced "ploo" "ploof" "plooj" "pluf" and "plug")
>   which took you from the well room to somewhere (I
>   forget).

"Y2"

	It isn't as widely known as it should be that "Y" is
a spelunker's term for a cave entrance.  Thus, "Y2" is the
second entrance to the cave, which is a very subtle hint
indeed!

	I've been wondering for a long time if there
mightn't be sufficient material to warrant an
`alt.adventure' newsgroup; there are at least three
hacked-up versions on my machine, and folklore about it,
obscure stories, and other mutterings, perhaps.

	Does anyone know where to find David Platt, for example?
--

 In some sense a stochastic process can do better; at least it has a chance.
Mark-Jason Dominus 	  			    mjd at central.cis.upenn.edu