How to make a faster comp.sources.unix

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 30 20:18:47 AEST 1990

It's difficult to know what it really takes to moderate a major source
group until you've spent some time at the job. But I'll bet that if
there's one thing that will take the load off Rich's back, it's seeing
on a small scale what will happen when a package appears.

You want comp.sources.unix to produce software faster? You want to
contribute some effort? Stop whining and start beta testing!

I'd like to help. If Rich sends me each comp.sources.unix submission at
some stage of editing, I'll do my best to look at and test at least half
the packages in each volume. I'll tell Rich what I think about each
package, and I'll follow any guidelines he sets on things to look for.
I'll tell him if I ever find I no longer have the time or resources to
keep up with his schedule.

Do you want to help? Do you want to see comp.sources.unix submissions
ahead of time, and help give each package the workout it deserves? Say
so. Follow up to this message and make a commitment.

Disclaimer: I haven't checked with Rich, so I don't know whether he
supports this idea.

---Dan