Looking for a tool to make UNIX-Time

Scott Merrilees Sm at cerberus.bhpese.oz.au
Thu Nov 29 15:04:27 AEST 1990

In article <18748 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>gack!  you can compute it directly without looping.  if you don't
>care about daylight savings time corrections you can get it without
>ever having to call localtime.

But then you have to know all the garbage about when daylight savings
time cuts in/out, leap years etc.  This solution is simple, has a
few guesses, and will work anywhere without telling it extra stuff.
It may not be terribly efficient, but probably won't be called that
often.  I like both it, and the side step to think of doing it that
way.

Sm
--
Scott Merrilees, BHP Information Technology, Newcastle, Australia
Internet: Sm at bhpese.oz.au                    Phone: +61 49 402132