dmake on SysV with -Pn

Dave Buck dave at dlb.uucp
Sat Nov 17 02:53:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov15.203341.16777 at chinet.chi.il.us> les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>Is the dmake program supposed to work with multiple processes
>under SysV?  I had no trouble compiling under SysVr3.2 (AT&T - 386)
>but if I specify -P number it never seems to complete.  Sometimes
>it will finish the operations but the last process never exits.
>Have I missed something obvious or is this not supposed to work?
>
>Les Mikesell
>  les at chinet.chi.il.us

I've had the same problem under SysVr3.2, on a 68020-based system.
Others have complained as well.  I've tabled dmake for now ... the only
reason I wanted it was for the -P option, as we have to have makefiles
compatible with SysV's make, but can make use of multiple processors.
If I have time in the next year, I'll try to track this down and make it
usable, otherwise, well, it's worth the price I paid ...
--
Dave Buck	{aeras,amdahl,ames,ardent,daver,netcom,sun,zygot}!dlb!dave
D. L. Buck and Associates, Inc.; San Jose, California 95119; (408)972-2825