GENERAL WARNING

Trevor Bauknight trev at hubcap.clemson.edu
Tue Nov 13 07:29:43 AEST 1990

In article <RALPH.90Oct29162415 at orion.laas.fr>, ralph at laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:
> |    Two years ago when I was working at DG it was still in AOS.  Typing
> |    `xyzzy' at the prompt returned "Nothing happens".
>
> It's amazing that pieces of the the old `adventure' game are floating
> around in OS's!  In the Adventure dungeon, if you typed `xyzzy' at
> some inappropriate moment, the game would respond with `Nothing
> happens'!

   In Zork I, I tried typing "xyzzy" and the program responded:

   "Fool."

   I just got subscribed to this group, and it's quite interesting.  I own
and operate a TeleVideo 803 CP/M machine which I've had since it was new...
all I've ever done is change the oil and filters...excellent machine...
makes a great terminal now.
--
---------------                                       Trevor Zion Bauknight
| _>  ###     |  	                            trev at hubcap.clemson.edu