System V uptime

Len Rose len at lsicom2.UU.NET
Wed Oct 10 14:00:05 AEST 1990

 I don't know what to say... Mr. Haugh has made a grave mistake, and
 may have ruined my second chance for getting a job to support my
 family. The below comments by Mr. Haugh are not true and if they were
 true, I would have been charged. The Secret Service has used this
 outright lie to damage my reputation. Whenever my attorneys confronted
 the SS with this , they have always backed down.

 By this time, this article has spread throughout the net, and there is
 little I can do to control the damage Mr. Haugh has seen fit to inflict.
 Mr. Haugh, I suggest you get yourself a really great attorney, because I
 won't stop until you are made to pay for this.

 (God, I always thought I'd never say something like that on the net)

 Sincerely,

 Len

jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:

#In article <195 at netsys.NETSYS.COM> len at netsys.NETSYS.COM (Len Rose) writes:
#>Hi.. I used to have this source, but now it's temporarily
#>unavailable.. (It went with the rest of my software and equipment)
#>
#>If someone can lend a hand and send me a copy, I'd appreciate it.
#>Or, perhaps a pointer to an ftp site.

#just as a note, this is the same len rose that sold stolen
#computer equipment to a number of close personal friends of
#mine.  there has never been any doubt in their minds that
#len was well aware of the stolen-ness of the equipment which
#he was selling them.

#perhaps we could have mr. rose detail the circumstances
#surrounding his arrest, including the reasons and evidence
#which the government has.  giving aid or comfort to mr. rose
#would be akin to giving benedict arnold a congressional
#medal of honor.

#it is also worth noting that a number of people involved
#in operation sun devil have had some direct or indirect
#dealings with mr. rose.  giving him source code would be
#like giving the government an excuse to search and sieze
#your computer.
#--
#John F. Haugh II                             UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
#Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
#"SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!"
#		-- Ken Thompson