Comp.sources.unix and replacing Rich Salz

Andrew Patrick andrew at calvin.doc.ca
Sun Feb 24 14:49:47 AEST 1991

In article <SJM9SU3 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <1990Nov29.172427.11437 at acc.stolaf.edu> rabe at thor.acc.stolaf.edu (brett m rabe; Jiffy Script Inc.) writes:
>> But, from what I have been reading, there
>> are at least a few people out there who are qualified who are
>> willing to do the job.  Why not let them?
>
>OK, post a CFD to news.announce.newgroups for your new moderated source
>group. It *doesn't* have to be comp.sources.unix, you know. Call it, I
>don't know, comp.sources.reviewed?
>--
>Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com
>+1 713 274 5180.  'U`  "Have you hugged your wolf today?"

I posted a formal Call for Discussion for "comp.sources.reviewed" to
news.announce.newgroups (and various relevant groups) back on February
4th!  (The article is attached.)

I received a grand total of one letter in reply, and have seen no
discussion of the proposal.  Ironically, my posting suggested that a
Call for Votes would be issued today.  I was about to give up on the
idea because of the apparent apathy.

Do people want to discuss it?  Should there be a call for votes?

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
andrew at calvin.doc.CA
                    "The interface IS the program."