(Elm...) getting patches for those w/out ftp access

Gregory G. Woodbury ggw%wolves at cs.duke.edu
Fri Feb 15 03:09:48 AEST 1991

In article <388 at dprmpt.UUCP> larry at dprmpt.UUCP (Larry) writes:
>I have tried to retrieve the ELM patches for version 2.3 (Patches 1-11)
>from the archive site without success.  In fact, I have yet to get
>a reponse from my "send index" request to DSI.COM (dsinc!elm) using
>the procedure outlined in the ELM monthly posting.
>
>I also checked uunet source archives and none of the patches have been
>posted there yet.
>
>Since I don't seem to be the only one who is having difficulty getting
>the patches for Elm 2.3, could someone PLEASE post patches 1 thru 11?

	I, for one, am getting tired of hearing people make pleas like
this, and then being told that they are SOL if they can't figure out how
to do something that SOME of the net gurus find trivial.

I found it easy to get the patches from the servers, but I have
occasional FTP and good mailers.

I started to respond to this request by posting the patches files that I
have here on the anon uucp site to this group and alt.sources  but I
have received no less than 4 mailings complaining that "there is no need
to clog the net with this because there are plenty of servers and
archives already" and/or (paraphrased) 'posting the patches isn't adequate
since the news software may mung the lines and create problems in the Configure
script' or something like that.

There are people out there asking for assistance in getting Elm 2.3 up
and running on their platform.  They are having trouble getting patches
from the servers.  Some one should post the patches for these folks.

At the same time, I do not want to alienate the elm gurus and
net.gods.wannabes by posting despite their demands not to!

I know!  I'll let the mail responses decide!
--
Gregory G. Woodbury @ The Wolves Den UNIX, Durham NC
UUCP: ...dukcds!wolves!ggw   ...mcnc!wolves!ggw           [use the maps!]
Domain: ggw at cds.duke.edu     ggw%wolves at mcnc.mcnc.org
[The line eater is a boojum snark! ]           <standard disclaimers apply>