Fortran to C

Bill Codding peda at simplicity.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 8 13:39:39 AEST 1991

In article <3318 at sequent.cs.qmw.ac.uk> morten at cs.qmw.ac.uk (Morten Ronseth) writes:

   I have recently been trying to compile dungeon, on a
   Sun 3/60, but the linking stage comes up with:
	   undefined symbol:
	   _units

We had this very same problem.  It was a while ago, but if
I remember correctly it was due to a mismatch between the
Sun OS and the Sun Fortran compiler.  I am fairly sure that
we fixed it with an upgrade to the Fortran compiler.

   So, my request is as follows: Is there anywhere a
   Fortran to C translator, so that I could take the
   original sources (in Fortran) and magically have them
   in C just a few moments later?

I recall the existence of a "f2c" program, possibly put out
by the GNU people.  Look in a GNU archive.