shell pipeline to reverse the order of lines.

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Mon Feb 18 10:28:32 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of nazgul at alphalpha.com (Kee Hinckley):
:It's clearly time to create alt.sources.showoff for people to post
:unneeded solutions to already solved problems.

I disagree.  I think seeing versions in shell, perl, icon, lisp, and now C
is good and healthy.  It shows how flexible UNIX is and exposes us to
idioms with which we may not all be familiar.  Think of it as an adventure
in comparitive cyberlinguistics.

On a somewhat unrelated note, can we change alt.sources to be called
comp.sources.free or comp.sources.any or something?  Not everyone gets it,
and it is quite valuable despite the occasional dross that shows up
there.

--tom
--
Tom Christiansen		tchrist at convex.com	convex!tchrist
 "All things are possible, but not all expedient."  (in life, UNIX, and perl)