Multiple executables in path (Was: NON-SOURCE POSTINGS CONSIDERED HARMFUL!)

Paul Falstad pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jan 22 19:19:11 AEST 1991

tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) wrote:
>From the keyboard of kaul at icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rich Kaul):
>:with bash, where you can have a PATH with unexpanded ~ references in
>That's odd -- if you have unexpanded tildes in your environment,
>I wonder how you get system, popen, and execlp to work without
>changing the C library.

You don't, it seems.  At least it didn't work for me.  This is probably
a bug in bash.  You should use $HOME instead of ~ when you define
your PATH.

--
Paul Falstad, pfalstad at phoenix.princeton.edu PLink:HYPNOS GEnie:P.FALSTAD
In the heat of composition I find that I have inadvertently allowed