REPOST lharc102A Part 01/04 BSD Unix to Amiga archives

Ralph P. Sobek ralph at laas.fr
Fri Jan 18 21:52:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan9.001036.28469 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

|  Some person with an axe to grind about uuencoded source archives chose to
|  do a little net.vandalism rather than engage in dialog.  Since the control
|  message was inserted directly at uunet.uu.net, it is probably impossible to
|  trace this childish behavior back to its originator.

Well, why not create alt.binaries or alt.uuencoded for such parts?

For split uuencoded files I suggest that net user use UUE to create,
and I suggest net users to get UUD.  After that one doesn't care
anymore if the file is split or not.  UUE adds headers around each
split part, and UUD will concatenate the files all by itself.

Cheers,

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph at laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.