Multiple executables in path (Was: NON-SOURCE POSTINGS CONSIDERED HARMFUL!)

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 25 09:43:11 AEST 1991

>>Obligatory plug for bash: it's worth it.  It's a very nice shell, with
>>full emacs editing and very good vi editing if that's your dialect.
>>It's certainly more fun than tcsh, which I used before, and has a more
>>POSIX-ified behavior.  There are still some bugs, although Chet's
>>version is nearly bug free, and version 1.06 is long overdue.  I liked
>>it so much, I use the shell (or something to that effect).

Cough Cough! Ahem Ahem! I *beg* to differ. Rather, I *demand* to differ.
*Obligatory?* Yeah right. After you get frustrated half an hour with its
damn non-destructive backspace, then ditz with it another hour on its
half-assed command line editor, and you're left with a huge piece of code
that's not worth its weight in ^@'s.  Bourne Again? More like Burned Again.

Get tcsh. Now that's a real shell.

>I mostly agree, although I'm partial to zsh for some strange reason.  :-)

Wonder why :-) Once Paul finishes a decent line editor, I'll use it too.

			-Kartik

--
internet# find . -name core -exec cat {} \; |& tee /dev/tty*
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet