-x implementations

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Wed Jan 30 02:32:42 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of maart at cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath):
:How does Perl implement `-x', Tom?

It does its own stat, and then does the bit compares itself to
determine accessibility; it does not use access(2).

Note that both -x and -X exist for checking effective and real IDs
respectively; likewise -r/-R, -w/-W, and -o/-O.  Does this solve
your problem?  Could you show me some, um, test cases where /bin/test
fails so I can see what perl does under the same circumstances?

--tom

ps: Isn't this a much nicer forum now? :-)
--
"Hey, did you hear Stallman has replaced /vmunix with /vmunix.el?  Now
 he can finally have the whole O/S built-in to his editor like he