Oberon-M MSDOS

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Sun Mar 24 23:34:56 AEST 1991

gdtltr at brahms.udel.edu (root at research.bdi.com (Systems Research Supervisor)) writes:
>   And last I heard, Oberon had gotten rid of for loops, reasoning that
>they were just a special case of while loops. Therefore, as far as I can
>tell, this is just another Wirth language that nobody is expected to ever
>use.

actually oberon is an operating system (too), at least that's what
i remember from the speech N. Wirth held at my university some time
ago. most of the people there didn't like it, because it doesn't implement
multitasking on a machine basis but on a sort-of cluster (networked
machines actually) basis, which is bullshit in the days of CPUs that
offer dozens of MIPS.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: