PLEASE post only sources to alt.sources

Jef Poskanzer jef at well.sf.ca.us
Fri Mar 22 02:32:19 AEST 1991

In the referenced message, darcy at druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) wrote:
}Any reason why this requires a moderated newsgroup?  Why not just set up
}the daemon to monitor the current newsgroup?  That way there is no need
}to change the group and some site admin with SFB can't decide to get around
}the moderation by setting up their own system.  The only difference that
}I see is that the follow-up can't be automatically changed but that really
}isn't the biggest problem in the group now.

Right.  Rich Skrenta pointed this out too.  I suppose the daemon could
take a "Followup-To: alt.sources.d" as evidence that the poster didn't
need a reminder.

Lest anyone claim this is just the same old form-letter-flame system
we have now, the significant difference is that there would be precisely
one site doing this.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef at well.sf.ca.us  {apple, ucbvax, hplabs}!well!jef
            WARNING: PROPER USE REQUIRES EXPERT INSTRUCTION