Fooling the censors

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Thu Mar 14 06:37:57 AEST 1991

karl at ficc.ferranti.com (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
> For the people who think what's happening to alt.sex.pictures is anti-sex
> censorship, watch what is happening to alt.fractals.pictures.  It, too,
> is being "censored", with its connectivity slowly dribbling away...

In fact, it may go away faster.  I shut it off here when I had to unwedge
news and found *one* REELY KUL twit had posted > 4 Mb in a day...as Karl
says, it has nothing to do with censorship or morality.  We *use* news
here; we can't have it wedged up.  And alt.fractals.pictures is even
stupider than alt.sex.pictures!  At least with a.s.p you've got some
semblance of real-world data; a.f.p is essentially just program output.
Ship the programs and initial data around instead; save two orders of
magnitude in what gets transmitted.  Think a little.

Yeah, you can dodge the barriers that are being set up; people who
administer the machines will just move the barriers as needed to keep
from getting inundated with gigantic postings they don't want.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...But is it art?