C2 secure systems and the superuser

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Fri Mar 15 06:03:24 AEST 1991

In article <19104 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
>Naive users do not
>fully understand what the difference between a "rated" and an
>"unrated" system are - there are very real differences and
>SecureWare is clouding them up.

Uhm, SecureWare got at least one of their products rated.  Again, just
something I seem to recall reading somewhere (probably, again, InfoWorld,
although it might have been ComputerWorld [magazines people send to me for
free]).  Wish I could remember.  But I think it was a B-level.  You can't
blame SW or SCO for not getting the C2 product evaluated:  the gov't isn't
going to rate C level products anymore, I've been told, because it's not
worth the effort!

>Notice how quiet SecureWare is?
>They =are= on the net, and yet they do not get engaged in this
>discussion because their behavior is =unethical=.

Or because they're busy.  Do you know what the word "slander" mean, John?
Lots of people at *any* company don't post to the net, either out of lack of
time or interest.

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."