fixnews (1/1)

Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM
Sun Mar 10 03:54:52 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of srt at aerospace.aero.org (Scott "TCB" Turner):
:This is a little hack I threw together to run through my .newsrc and
:make sure I have no more than 50 articles to read in each newsgroup.
:This allows me to dabble in heavily trafficked newsgroups without
:going through contortions in rn.

Tom> Use trn.

GNUS (see newsgroup gnu.emacs.gnus) might help here too.  From the manual:

  If the number of articles being selected is larger than the variable
`gnus-large-newsgroup', the number of articles actually selected is
asked for.  If the given value N is positive, the last N articles will
be selected.  If N is negative, the first N articles will be selected.
An empty string means to select all articles.

-----
On a different topic,
it would be neat if someone could compare all the new newsreaders.
--
Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM  Naperville IL USA  +1 708 979 6364