Jargon File Version is 2.7.1

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Mar 8 10:52:18 AEST 1991

In article <koFgy2w164w at dogface>  writes:
>jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:

>>>I will probably post 2.8.1 in about ten days.
>
>> Could you please limit it to newsgroups that I don't carry?  I am getting
>> a bit tired of Jargon File du jour.  Is there anyone else that feels the
>> same way?  Can I get an "Amen" brother?
>
>Here it is.

My apologies for posting in the alt.sources group.  Another net.citizen
pointed this out to me in e-mail, along with a virtual "Amen".  So I have
cancelled the alt.sources version.

Now - Brothers and Sisters - I feel a rant coming on ...

	Praise the Lord - I say - Praise the Lord that we have the
	almighty USENET to spew forth our dribble and noise into the
	vast cyberwasteland.  Yet there are those among us that
	would waste even this electronic WASTEland of cyberspace
	with hourly postings of cleverly acculated mindless buzzwords
	and phrases whose very meanings flutter in the wind, surpassing
	even the greatest of the bandwidth wasters - the very K*nt
	Paul Dolan himself - in their ability to post and repost that
	which surely was posted several times too many within one or
	two postings of having been posted in the first place.  And
	now I ask of YOU - what will YOU do to stop this mindLESS
	consumption of your precious number system lest the next
	version of that very document consume the last of the Really
	Big Numbers just before the government runs out of money again
	and is unable to borrow still more money because those very
	same Really Big Numbers are too busy being used to tell the
	tale of one to many Jargon File postings?
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"I've never written a device driver, but I have written a device driver manual"
                -- Robert Hartman, IDE Corp.