comp.sources.reviewed -> comp.sources.posix

Kevin Gallagher kgallagh at digi.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 7 15:23:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar06.084340.7662 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
>In article <1991Mar5.172845.14713 at tridom.uucp> wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US (Warren Tucker) writes:
>>Pardon me if this is a duplicate.  I have news errors and I *think*
>>I cancelled the bad one.
>
>I have now seen it 6 times.  It wasn't really worth reading the first time.

I really don't see why you feel it necessary to insult people sometimes when
you reply to a posting.  A day or so ago, in another posting, you responded to
to someone by saying,  "You must be stupid."  And this time you just had to
throw in the comment: "It wasn't really worth reading the first time."

You may think that such attacks strengthen your argument, but the very
opposite is true.

If you continue along this line, I am sure you will find that more and more
people will ignore what you have to say by intentionally skipping all postings
with your name attached.  You will find fewer and fewer people responding to
your contributions to the discussion, as if you didn't exist.

If you desire to have others listen to your arguments and, perhaps, be
persuaded by your point of view, they must be assured that you will treat
their opinions with the same amount of respect you want others to give to
yours.  This means, no matter how absurd, no matter how silly, and no matter
how stupid you feel their position or argument to be, you must not attack them
personally nor berate the words they speak.

Take my advice and back off.  You will be a better person for it and, in time,
you may gain the respect of others that you no doubt desire.